Dec 3, 2010

diy felt gift adornments







in case you missed my post at finding fabulous,
here is my tutorial on how to make cheap and chic 
gift adornments from felt:

 these gift adornments are so versatile---by alternating the felt colors and ribbon, they can be used for birthdays, baby showers, hostess gifts, and of course, christmas.
here is what you will need:
gift boxes
felt
ribbon
something round to trace
scissors,  marker, glue gun
paper or fabric (if you choose to cover your box)
trace your circles onto some felt.
Fold each circle in half and cut two small slits on either side of the center.
this is what you will end up with.
(wow. i really need a manicure. stat.)
start to thread your felt circles onto your ribbon.
(this ribbon was purchased at roberts craft store)
tie the ribbon around a gift box.
you're done!
didn't I tell you it would easy?
and not to mention CUTE.
and cheap.
what a great combination, huh?
here is a variation where I covered the top of the box with scrapbook paper.

and another variation using alternating large and small circles with the same color felt.
happy wrapping friends!
***
i have another easy felt gift adornment
project that i will be posting next week.
have a wonderful weekend!

i linked this project to:


16 comments:

  1. So cute, and easy! I will definitely be utilizing some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this craft. Would love to fit it in this year! M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a clever little elf, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I love this idea, what a new and fun way to wrap presents! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are precious! I have so much red felt that I dont have anything to do with! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! How creative it that?! I love this idea and will totally be doing it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS SO CUTE! SO PERFECTLY SIMPLE! I LOVE IT!

    Thanks for linking up at Tatertots and Jello! I'd love for you to come check out my blog:

    http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

    Mucho love!
    Nichelle

    P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!!!! Definitely gonna try it out!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and simple embellishment! Great job! I would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a different idea! I love the pink and black. I think making them smaller and longer would make a cute garlandfor a small tree. Thank you for showing me how to make my packages different from the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! I'm a sucker for anything felt and this is just great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! I've been looking for a cute Christmas wrapping idea. Can't wait to go get my felt!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neat and easy. I am surely going to use this. Ill probably try it on a hair band. Thanks

    ReplyDelete