Dec 6, 2010

gorgeous garlands

i know that i am not the only one that wishes for
a banister to decorate at the holidays.
there is something so gracious 
about a staircase,
decked out for the holidays with a 
garland of fresh greenery---
or course, garlands can also be used to decorate doors,
walls and windows. 
here are some of my favorite images from my stash.
this whole picture makes me happy...
the wainscoting, the light fixture,
the high ceilings, and, of course that
gorgeous garland! this image from the southern accents holiday 
house a few years back. the interior design is by one 
of my favorite designers, phillip sides. 
i wish i had scanned more pictures from this house--the 
entire thing is magnificent.
simple and pretty, 
from the master of simple and pretty, martha.
i also loved the simplicity of this one...
it's just greenery with a cream bow and poinsettia at 
the newel post. easy peasy.
this garland is is so pretty and perfect for a coastal home.
this mix of the boxwood and the wheat gives 
it an earthy, beachy vibe.
charlotte moss, decking her halls with complete and utter gorgeousness.
this lady knows how to do holiday decorating RIGHT.
pretty and simple, but doesn't this have a lush quality to it?
probably not recommended for homes with small children or pets.
my 6 year old son would totally be playing tarzan 
on that garland around the door...
i really liked the classic look of this boxwood garland.
and the vase full of red amaryllis is just beautiful.
loved this one too.
 so simple and elegant, 
and i love the look of all the shades of green together.
i spent some time this weekend scanning my stash of
christmas images, and i will be 
*dumping them over the next week or two. 
oh, how i LOVE the holidays! 
just looking through all my saved clippings made me feel so festive! i can't wait to share all of the 
pretties i found with you!we also put up 
our tree this weekend...i will try to post some pictures
of it soon.

4 comments:

  1. Love the garland and all that millwork! I would love to add wainscoting like this to the wall along my staircase. One of these days...
    Happy Holidays! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrapped my banister last night, still need to add lights. These are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of green walls. After so many years with a green dining room, I want to repaint it a different shade of...green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this green house it remains very simple yet elegant. I like the interior design and the stairway, it was captivating. You did a great job. Thank you and more power.


    Charles A

    ReplyDelete